- 25th International Cartographic Conference / 25e Conférence Cartographique Internationale - http://www.icc2011.fr -
Themes and papers
Posted By admin On 2 November 2009 @ 19 h 26 min In | No Comments
Scientific Program is based on the 28 commissions and working groups of the ICA .
Fundamental research as well as emerging topics across all of cartography and geographic information science are welcomed.
Themes for papers are as follows:
Because of the richness of the papers, some papers could belong to different themes.
For application, if you want to focus on a specific point you can choose a theme like data quality (T7) modelling (T12) or analysis (T15). You can also decide to present your application on the theme 16, 17, 18 or 19.
For example for Models of simulation use T12 if the paper is centred around modelling or simulation; T7 if the paper is centred around the management of inaccurate data, T15 if the paper is centred on spatial analysis or else use theme 16, 17, 18 or 19 according to the theme.
Here are some answers to specific queries:
– for Orienteering map use theme T31 : other thematic maps
– for GIS and Archaeology use theme T25 “digital technologies and Cartographic heritage”
– for Cartography on mobile devises use theme T8 LBS, ubiquitous cartography
– If you analyse GPS tracks, choose the theme spatial analysis and use the keyword GPS Tracking
– if the application domain is not 16 (sustainable development) 17 (Hazards and Disasters) or 19 (Security), use the theme 18 (GIS and Society). Example: if your application is linked to biodiversity, choose the theme 16. If your application is linked to health (emergency services) choose the theme 18.
Article printed from 25th International Cartographic Conference / 25e Conférence Cartographique Internationale: http://www.icc2011.fr
URL to article: http://www.icc2011.fr/call-for-papers/themes-and-papers/
URLs in this post:
 28 commissions and working groups of the ICA: http://cartography.tuwien.ac.at/ica/index.php/Commissions/Commissions
Copyright © 2009 25e Conférence Cartographique Internationale. All rights reserved.